Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mothers' Day

Mothers' Day was different this year.

Cathy's back is only one week into the 8-12 week healing period so Bill and Drew came here and prepared brunch. We usually go to their house where Bill whips up some incredibly creative thing. So ours was, of necessity, a simpler fare.

Which worked out better for me, as I'm trying to cut way back on fat and sugar. I never eat sugar, per se, and as a kid, I would never eat anything that had any fat on it. It's been working pretty well. As I left the hospital a week ago Friday, they weighed me -- clothes, sneakers and all -- at 238+, and this morning, nekkid, I was 221!!! (I won't be that tomorrpw morning, I'll bet!)

I wish I could take Cathy's pain away. The pain patch helps but she can't sit up for long periods of time. <sigh>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home