Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The doctor said...

I went to Temple Lung Hospital Friday to get the results of the tests that were performed two weeks ago and the doctor said the following:

The breathing tests performed at Temple were slightly better than the ones done in the local doc's office. They show a moderate degree of constriction which is associated with asthma. I have a little bronchitis which means thickened airways throughout my lungs. There's no sign of emphysema. My heart is normal and there's no evidence of pulmonary hypertension.

I mentioned that the beta-blocker I'm on (Toprol XL) can cause breathing problems in people with asthma, bronchitis or emphysema but he said that new studies were showing that not to be true.

So I'm walking 5 min/day to start. At the right (i.e., slow) pace, I can go on for more than 5 minutes (we did 8 yesterday) but my hips begin to hurt. I'm hoping that the chiropractor can help there with back strengthening exercises.

THESE ARE THE GOLDEN YEARS, FOLKS!!! :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

    Well, I'm glad that it's nothing huge.

    Bill N went to the hospital for an infection, responded to antibiotics and is home now (as of today), but they don't know what caused it.

    Golden years, eh? :p

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home