Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Blog as a form of WHAT???

There was a recent article on CNN about how blogging can be a kind of group therapy!! Really? Are you all reading this and nodding "uh-huh, uh-huh, how does that make you feel?" :-)

Frankly I'm not sure why I blog. When I first retired it was a way of consuming some time and also letting my far-away loved ones know what it was like (a) being retired and (b) living in an over-55 community. But as of late, I've had enough to fill my time and I'm also less involved in my community.

I play bridge three times a week, write a monthly column for our newsletter and expand it on our community website (www.4seasonsatmapleton.org/4sam/computercorner), help my friend S with his computer problems/hang out with him, and of course I have my chores.

I've even learned a few things while helping S. E.g., I never knew you could create a shortcut to an oft-used word processor template!!

Cathy is as busy as ever these days, with consulting at TASK, Master Gardenering duties and physical therapy for her shoulder (doing nicely, thank you!), and making super recipes from stuff she gets from the food channels. My favorite is spanikopita burgers from Rachel Ray.

We have a trip to Massachusetts in a week or so. I'm really looking forward to seeing Lisa, Alan & Alisa, and of course Mistress Sara, who turns FIVE this month. I hear that she has been been testing the limits as only a nearly-five-year-old can do, driving A&A up the wall. We'll see.

Saw "Charlie Wilson's War" last evening. (We have a weekly movie in our clubhouse.) Interesting in the light of today's situation in the middle East. My neighbors were visibly (and audibly) uncomfortable with the nudity and the f***ing language, but no one left. I'm surprise. A couple of years ago, we showed "The Banger Sisters" and no one would talk to us for weeks!

We're going to B&D's for the usual Mom's Day Brunch. Cathy has decided that the only presents she wants from here on out are things she can eat or plant, and so she selected a nice shrub as her gift from me. (She told me what kind, but I've forgotten already. <sigh>) Me? I still like gadgets. I got a window cleaning gadget to use on the inside of my car's windshield and used it for the first time yesterday. It was great! It's just a pad with a long handle that I needed because I'm no longer flexible enough to reach all of the steeply-raked WS of my Acura TSX and this worked just fine.

Maybe I'll go to the gym today.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM , Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

    I thought Charlie Wilson's War was a good movie. Well done.

    I can't wait for you guys to get here for your visit!

    That sounds like a tasty burger! Jenn has a Rachel Ray cookbook and has made many tasty meals from it.

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger William said...

    I enjoyed this posting! I laughed when you wrote that no one would talk to you for weeks because you showed The Banger Sisters! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home