Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Almost December!!

We went to Boston a couple of weeks ago but I somehow misplaced my camera's SD card with all the pictures! For some reason, I had copied them to my son's thumb drive so they were not lost! He just sent me a CD with all of them there. Thanks, Alan!!

In addition to this being our regular visit, we timed this one to coincide with my son's mother-in-law's surprise 65th birthday party. Relatives from as far north as Montreal and as far south as Florida attended, and although the food was not Armenian, the desserts and the music were. Pauline first appears in picture 27 -- three women coming in the door wearing outerwear. She's the short one with glasses. We think she was pleased and surprised, but as her expression never seems to change, we could only go by her words.

As usual, granddaughter Sara was her precious self. :-) Here are pictures from the weekend.



It's been too cold in New Jersey -- almost 10 degrees below normal for a couple of weeks. I'm going to hate to see that monthly envelope from Public Service in the mail!

Big news: B & D did a civil union last week! Now I have a daughter-in-law AND a son-in-law. They came for Thanksgiving dinner and we sang "Here Comes the Groom"! Niece Wendy also had dinner with us. Cathy and B, between them, made a great turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce (plus Ocean Spray for me), string beans, salad, rolls, pumpkin pie and apple pie. B brought his famous Buffalo wing dip and Wendy made guacamole. We all ate too much and watched part of the Philadelphia Eagles game.



Ron and I played bridge Friday and came in 2nd -- finally!

Cathy has decided that we do not want any presents this season and then she gave me her Christmas list. :-) I bought a new Garmin GPS and I'm giving her my TomTom. Isn't that a nice present???

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home