Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Time flies....


Wow! Almost a week has passed since I sat here and wrote to you. I'd attribute it to the hot and humid weather we've had, but I live in air-conditioned paradise. :-)

My dentist found a fistula and wants me to have either a root canal redone or the tooth extracted and an implant, uh, implanted. $ound$ like $omething $eriou$ although I have no pain or discomfort.

Went for my first bike ride in ages today. How is it that no matter which way I turn, the wind is always in my face???

My friend Steve is in the Far East. We have been exchanging emails while he was in Shanghai but he says that it will be more difficult to do in Vietnam.

Oh, big news! William (blog link on right) has had his interview with Toi Derricotte accepted for publication in The Writers Chronicle, the magazine of the The Association of Writers & Writing Programs! We're all excite dfor him.

Can't say I like seeing the Red Sox keep losing but as long as the Yankees and Orioles "keep pace", I'll accept it.

One of the people who lives here has a green thumb and the other writes this blog. Here are some pictures, taken today.











New resident in the garden - a very big frog!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM , Blogger Pete Holsberg said...

    You're looking at his back and he's facing away from the camera. He **is** big.

    Cathy works so hard on them and they respond.

     
  • At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't believe that you have a frog! Is there any water out there for him (or her?) Maybe you should put a saucer out there. I hope I get to see him!

    Bill

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home