Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Sad Day

Wow! I'm really feeling the Red Sox season being ended so abruptly! And I can't even root against the Yankees tonight because they were rained out!! I give myself until tomorrow morning to get on with my life. :-) I guess I had forgotten, in the euphoria of last year, what it really means to be a Red Sox fan.

Tomorrow is the almost-annual "Family Picnic" where all kinds of people from Cathy's family gather here and eat my food and drink my booze. (Just kidding -- most of them are quite nice, but they are family, after all.) Weather forecast is that the rain will stop a couple of hours before they are due and not be too chilly. So I'll be out at the grille, doing my thing. (Actually, grilling is Cathy's thing, but for the family picnic, it's a man's job.)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    About your comment on the family picnic: "MOST of them are quite nice..."

    ??? Hmmm... ???

    I wonder where I fit in your "family" scheme of things! :)

    Bill

     
  • At 1:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know where I'd fit in if I said "Bwaaaaahaaaaa. Red Sox. Pffffft". Oh. Damn. I said it. Of course, I'll get mine if ANA wins tomorrow;-)

    BK

    P.S. On the bright side: you've got at least one more chance to root against the Yankees.

     
  • At 12:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Like I was saying...

    BK

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home