Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Really random things

I went back to Opera from Firefox. Just too many things I use that Opera does better than FF, but I will miss the extensions. :-) I might try Netscape 8.x as it is related to FF. Netscape!! Really!

Finally solved a procmail problem. Seems that the content-type for charset=windows-1251 is considered to be in the BODY of the email, not the HEADER! (Cathy gets a LOT of spam in Cyrillic -- why would you send messages that the recipients cannot read???)

Just read more on poverty. The poverty level in the USA for a family of four is around $19,100 or around $10.50 per hour!! And most of the poor I see at the soup kitchen do not have the skills for that kind of work. (The soup kitchen pays around that to its kitchen staff, I believe.) Many are employed full-time at lower wages and many are not employed at all -- no job skiils, no education, health and addiction problems, etc. So how on earth do we eliminate poverty in the US? It seems more impossible each year.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, glad you got your procmail problem fixed - saw your mail, but didn't have tnyhing to add right off the bat...

    I'm curious though, why did you change from FF to Opera? We had this debate recently and I'm curious what Opera has over FF now?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home