Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Cool, man!

Well, well...our A/C picked exactly the right day to develop a problem. Truly! It was only 83 today with humidity less than 50%. :-) Serviceman says it needs a new blower motor and it may even be a warranty repair. Fancy that! So I washed the filters and the electronic filters and replaced the paper filter -- no telling how overdue that was!

Screwed up my courage and made an appointment to have #19 extracted. Mentioned that their website was really scary about surgeries and she said that extraction is not considered surgery (so why am I going to an oral surgeon???) and I didn't need someone to come with me, etc. Whew!

Realized that I'm only using about 60GB on my C: drive so I can easily copy everything to H: (it has 133GB free) and sort things out after I reformat C:. However, that will get pushed to the weekend because my schedule has been adjusted due to the death of Cathy's Uncle Bill...viewing Wednesday 6-9PM, funeral at 11AM on Thursday followed by a service at the local military cemetery where he will be interred and then lunch. Uncle Alfred will be staying with us again. He takes trains and buses from the middle of Long Island to Trenton -- and he's 85 or more!


No plans for the weekend. We were scheduled to go on a map rally but Cathy doesn't read well in a moving car and I don't think I'll do well with small print and tiny roads. Next rally is a "conventional" one in September.


The summer has gone by very quickly. Perhaps that feeling occurs with age, but I'm always surprised to find out it's Thursday already when I thought it was Tuesday.


Cathy remarked that just when she was thinking that my sister has such an enjoyable and varied life then said sister sent her an email saying, "You have such an interesting life" implying "compared to mine", we thought. Ah, perspective!


Time to watch the BoSox on MLB.COM!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home