Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Saturday, July 30, 2005

DSL si!

Got DSL running today. Seems quite zippy, and the speed test sites I tried showed the speeds to be comparable to Comcast's.

Of course, the installation hung so I ended up calling Verizon's DSL tech support number, a non-human system that purports to respond to voiced phrases. First I checked to see if indeed the DSL stuff had been activated ("Order status") and got a "You're in luck! Your DSL account was activated yesterday." So I backed out and tried "need help with installation". The response was "You're in luck! Your DSL account was activated yesterday." Hmmm...hung up and tried "installation failed" -- same response!

Tried a different phone. This time I said, "My modem is on fire!". (Cathy came up out of her chair when she heard that!) And Verizon's response? You guessed it! "You're in luck! Your DSL account was activated yesterday."

So I hit the "O" and eventually got a human being who had me log in to the modem/router and set it manually. So all is well.

Also we went to a pool party at our community. Had nothing to do with either the indoor pool, the outdoor pool or either pool table in th eclubhouse! They served KFC with trimmin's, watermelon, fruit salad, cake, Dove bars, puff pastries, etc. When the food was done, we played bridge with another couple.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger Bruce said...

    I have the same conversation with my wife hundreds of times! I wonder if she's powered by a voice response system.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home