Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Grumble, grumble...

Well, whaddaya expect – it’s Monday morning!

Just got off the phone with Verizon. I need a new wall-mounted DSL filter and it took me 45 minutes to reach someone who could help me. What a system! I got a “better” 800 number from her: 1-800-483-3000. Feel free….

Also, I must have hosed something on my XP Pro computer because I had to remove Office 2003 and reinstall Office 2000 (XP). And when I start an Office application, I get a pop-up “Preparing to install Office 2000…” and “Configuring Office 2000…” before the appl actually starts. What’s going on there???

And Outlook 2000 doesn’t sync with my Key Suite PDA application. Yuck. I think I’ll remove KeySuite and reinstall.

On the brighter side, the weather is nice enough for a bike ride that I desperately need so as soon as I finish this, I’m off.

My windshield replacement went well. Amazing that one guy can come to your house and do it in 30-40 minutes. I remember when it took two guys and a big suction-cup thing to move a windshield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home