Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Hard to complain

Every time I want to complain about something, my brain replays some of the images of the people in the South and I am chagrined. So what if I have trepidations about reformating my HD! They have tredipations about when they will get food, water, medical attention, housing, a life!

And my little triumphs are that much smaller. Marc and I played bridge yesterday and I felt good because we , C-level players, came in tied for 2nd overall (out of 12). And then I thought about how insignificant that was, compared to people who brought, say, a bottle of water to a Katrina refugee.

I have to stop this before I get depressed. We have a friend who was visiting NJ when Katrina destroyed her apartment building in Pass Christian, MS and we're going to try to help her get re-established. It feels better when you can help someone you know, doesn't it?

Thanks heavens we live in the relative safety of New Jersey, 63 feet above sea level, and 35 miles from the Atlantic! Gee, 63 feet isn't much! Friends and family in NJ and nearby Pennsylvania are almost all over 100 feet. And my granddaughter is safe at 167 feet.

Hey, I'm babbling. Time to get ready for Bill and Drew's party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home