Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nothing but the tooth

Had a tooth extracted today. First one in I don't know how many years! I remember one when I was in high school. The tooth broke and the dentist chippd it out with a hammer and chisel. So I was not looking forward to today.

And the instruments this guy had laid out looked uncomfortably like the ones I uncomfortably remembered from high school.

I asked for nitrous oxide and was disappointed that I didn't get any kind of buzz.

However the extraction went well and he removed a considerable amount of necrotic tissue, so I suppose that I will feel much better soon. Did I mention that a root canal had cracked causing the infection? Did I mention that it presented no symptoms?? So the office people were taken a bit aback when they asked if I didn't feel much better now and I said I felt no different.

The anesthesia has worn off and I have no pain (I took a couple of acetominephen with codeine, just in case) or swelling or bleeding. Tomorrow starts salt water rinses, etc. Should be OK to go to Boston Friday.

Red Sox, Yankees and Indians all lost today and remain tied! Even if the Sox make post-season play, their pitching just isn't good enough to carry them very far and some of their bats have been ominously quiet.

Cathy got me a bright red Red Sox fleece-lined jacket for my birthday (next month) so it will share time with my SCCA championship jacket when the weather gets a little cooler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home