Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The pool

We have an indoor and an outdoor pool here in Four Seasons and I used the indoor pool for the first time last week.

Oh, it wasn't my idea. Cathy's new physical therapist suggested that she spend time in the pool swimming, walking, whatever. And especially, spend 15 minutes or so in the hot tub!! She loves it and it seems to help her back (which seems much better, thank you! She's planning to go back to work part-time Aug 7 and was told to take August as a transistion month. They love her at TASK!!)

I tried the spa but water at 102 degrees is for a bathtub, not a semi-public place. Besides, I had always thought that hot tubs were for drinking and sex, both of which are prohibited!

The regular indoor pool is quite pleasant so I walk around in 4-5 feet of water while she's steeping.

I'm not permitted any real exercise until I'm well into my cardiac rehab -- question: there's no damage to my heart and presumably they put stents wherever there was a blockage, so what is the risk? I haven't gotten a straight answer yet.

But I did find a cardiac rehab place I like. Virtua in Mt Laurel is also about 25-30 minutes from home -- in fact all the local ones are 25-30 minutes away! -- and they have a beautiful facillity, with ample space, a locker room, a shower, a lunch room, etc. And it't only a few minutes away from where I play duplicate bridge on M and F!! I have my first session on 8/15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home