Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Game 1 is History

13-1! Wow!

A political pollster called me last night and asked me unanswerable questions: Am I conservative, moderate, or liberal? (I'm all three -depends on the issue); Do I lean toward the Democrats or the Republicans? (Depends on who's running); etc.

And she gushed that I, at age 73, was so "active" and well-informed. Who did she expect, Pa Kettle?

Governments always need more money because people want or need more services. Democrats raise taxes; Republicans borrow against the future. Hmmmm...seems like the latter is not a very conservative trait! My father, a Russian-born New Englander always said "Don't spend money you don't have." And he was a staunch Democrat!

So how do we cut government spending? Some of it is easy. (1) No more pork. (2) No more riders on bills that have nothing to do with the actual bill. (3) Impeachment for the slightest impropriety in office. (4) I guess if the capitalist system didn't encourage business owners to be so "about money", we wouldn't need so many watchdog laws to try to keep them on the straight and narrow. (5) Simplify the tax laws. (6) Eliminate the ceiling on Social Security contributions.

I has spoken. ;-)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home