Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Laptop Quandry

I think I want a laptop, but I'm in a quandry.

Should I buy a used Lenovo T40 from eBay, a refurb Dell 1420 from their outlet store, or what?

I plan to run Linux on it, but if I got one with Vista, I would dual-boot it and Linux, and use the Vista partition for learning. (More and more of my neighbors are getting new computers with Vista Home.)

After writing that, I think I'm leaning toward the Dell. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

    If you're going to run Vista, you're going to want a LOT of memory on the computer... so make sure you shop carefully.

    James could help you with specs if you need a hand.

     
  • At 2:15 PM , Blogger Pete Holsberg said...

    Now I'm leaning toward "cheap"! Why should I spend an extra $500 just for my neighbors? :-)

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Bruce said...

    Do your neighbors read your blog?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home