Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Red Sox, YAY!!!


Well, we did it again! I have to say that this world series win is nowhere near as satisfying as the 2004 saga, but -- hey -- I'm happy! I've already ordered a couple of coffee mugs and a T-shirt.

I'd be disappointed if they don't offer Schilling a decent contract. Even if he wins just 10 games, he's their post-season hero and while I know it's a business, there's something to be said for loyalty. But if he's not a Sox next year, I hope he's a Phillie!

I can see Mike Lowell getting better offers from other teams and I hope he also ends up in Philadelphia. Coco Crisp is gone --- too bad; I had high hopes. If Lowell goes, Youk can go back to 3rd base and then we need to find a slugging 1st baseman. Even though Big Papi did not disgrace himself during the games in Denver, he is just not a good enough fielder (lack of range) to play every day.

And we need to find a catcher to spell Varitek. (How do you spell "Varitek"? V-A-R. DaDUMdum!!)

And, hip hip hooray for the Patriots! Will they beat the Colts?

I'm having big problems with Verizon: access to email is blocked (I just started forwarding so I shouldn't lose anything). Tech support doesn't have a clue. However, they did dig up another Peter Holsberg. He appears to be a music educator and musician (trumpet and voice) and lives in NYC!!

We go to visit Sara, Lisa, Alan and Alisa tomorrow. Should be fun.


Time to go to dinner at the diner. ("Nothin' could be finah!")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home