Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Monday, May 26, 2008

New Computer

Not only did we have a great time visiting our kids and grandkid, and a nice time at a B&B in Lenox, MA, but I bought my daughter's old laptop (Dell E1405 with 2GB RAM and a 120 GB HD and Vista Ultimate)!

My neighbors are replacing their old XP (and older machines) with Vista boxes so this comes at a good time for me to upgrade.

So far, Vista has not shown its so-called ugly side. I don't mind the UAC pop-ups; I'm used to them with Zone Alarm. And once I downloaded the drivers for the touchpad so I could disable touching, I'm a happy camper.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

    I'm glad you're happy with the laptop! And that it could go to such a good home.

    I disabled the touchpad too. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home