Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What will the rest of the week bring?

On Sunday, we had S & P, B & D and Wendy for Easter dinner. Cathy outdid herself with a mint green pea soup, field green salad, grilled salmon, tenderloin steaks, green beans, asparagus and bread pudding. S brought his inestimable hummus and P made chocolate biscotti!! B brought an asparagus appetizer that he is know for and D brought B. :-) Wendy brought strawberries and told me why she prefers Microsoft Office 2007!

Monday, whilst playing in my usual duplicate bridge game, I got a hand to play that reminded me of something I had read in a bridge column the week before, and I was able to (1) remember it and (2) actually do it. I was the only one who made an overtrick!

Tuesday, I bowled a 200 and a 551 series. That was my first 200 in two years and my highest series ever! My average is a modest 142.

Now if I could only get the wireless card on my Kubuntu 6,10 PC working!!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

    And you didn't even mention that the Red Sox won their opening game!

    Easter dinner sounds like it was tasty. Congrats on bridge and bowling too.

    Love you!
    Lisa

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Blogger William said...

    That meal was wonderful and it was a nice time!

    You'll have to teach me to play bridge!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home