Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Monday, May 26, 2008

TV Ads for Prescription Drugs Suck!!

I suppose that big pharma thinks it's a great way to get increased income, but shouldn't they be pitching the drugs to doctors? Or are they saying that docs are no motivated to keep up with new drugs until their patients ask for them??

I hear the list of side effects for some of them and ask, "Why would anyone want to take these?" Heart attacks, vomiting, flu-like symptoms, death... Really!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

    The insurance company had declined my request for more Advair (my asthma med) saying it was a Tier 1 medicine (I think that's right) and I had to try something else. So the doctor called them and explained that this works very well for me and that I'd tried other things, etc and got me an override to be allowed to have Advair.

    I saw a commercial for Singuliar (which someone at the allergist's suggested) and saw these as side effects: Side effects are generally mild and vary by age, and may include headache, ear infection, sore throat, and upper respiratory infection.

    Why would I want those? I'll stick with Advair. :p

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home