Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Smiling again

The refridge guy came out as promised and replaced a $35 relay (not under warranty) so it cost me only $150.00. But, foodwise, we're back to normal -- or will be after food shopping tomorrow.

We're going to TASK to put the finishing touches on stuff for Robyn, the new person who starts tomorrow. TASK's IT person was not able to finish the computer stuff so I'll do it. And Cathy has a few last minute things she wants to prepare. Also, a neighbor called to donate a turkey so we'll bring that with us.

The Willy Nelson show was enjoyable. I don't know enought about his style but I thought that he usually sang the melodies pretty faithfully. Not last night. He was into "imaginative phraseology" and non-melodic singing and it spoiled it for me. He did sing for about 90 minutes which is more than Al Green did last month. People went wild when he would whip off his bandanna and fling it into the $150 seats. He has a great harmonica player who didn't get to solo much at all. But Willie's a legend and we're glad we went.

Huh! My neighbor with the AOL-DSL called me the other day to say that he ran the Verizon CD again and everything is working! Can you beat that?? I think I'll refund some of his money.

I'm installing a DVD drive for another neighbor this week. Busy, busy, busy!

No word yet on the solar panel dispute (see next posting).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home