Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Monday, December 26, 2005

A Quiet Christmas

Cathy and I slept late (why do people say "slept in"?) and had scrambled eggs and a bagel for breakfast. I fried some chopped onion and some smoked salmon that my NJ sons had given me for Christmas as extgra treats.

We then opened our presents to each other. I surprised her with a coffee mug with this picture on it:

And she surprised me with a great book about the CIA!

We spent the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing (except talking to Alan, Alisa, Sara and Lisa)! Perfect.

Cathy made some filets mignon from Omaha Steaks, along with a baked potato, fancy string beans and a salad. Simple fare, but the best! Later, we had some of the "Death by Chocolate" that she had made for her aunt's traditional Christmas Eve dinner. And then we watched "Law & order" reruns! Perfect. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to hear that you had a great day!!! (And that you were able to get Mom the mug!!!) Believe it or not, I've been watching one too many L&O reruns myself this week! And I'm so disdainful of episodic television- so much for that! :)

    We had such a nice time with both of you on Christmas Eve!

    Looking forward to celebrating Mom's birthday tonight!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home