Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

I can't possibly list all the things I am thankful for -- just too, too many. I've very fortunate to be married to the woman who's my wife, to have the people who are my kids and their "significant others", for my granddaughter, for health, for having few worries about money, etc. I read the newspaper and watch TV and get RSS news feeds and realize, wow! I am soooo lucky.

I was sick last week -- nothing serious but enough to lay me out for about 5 days. I guess it's my age catching up with me; a few years ago, I'd have been up and around in a day or so.

Cathy is of course working today. The soup kitchen never closes (except Sat and Sun)! She has a new colleague, Robyn, who is doing half of what Cathy was doing before, and she seems to be a real gem. I'm looking forward to Cathy not getting sick over the holidays and even playing bridge again on weekday evenings! :-)

I feel a little frustrated. I tried to copy a DVD a neighbor made and neither PC DVD burner recognized it! And then it wouldn't play in one TV DVD player! Also, I tried copying a VCR tape to a second VCR and that didn't work either. And I'm not interested in playing with the VCRs to see if the second one really works. My curiosity these days seems to be limited to what I can do at a keyboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home