Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Another Quick Week!

At bowling yesterday, I found out that I now had the 5th highest series (with handicap) this year! AND I won NINE FREE GAMES!! Whoooo!! ;-)

However, my bowling returned to normal and we won only one point, ensuring that we will finish in the bottom 50%.

The window washers came today! Always nice to have the windows washed...by someone else!

And the humidifier guy came today, too. He's going to talk to the manufacturer about rerouting the humidifier output to either the supply side of the HVAC or directly to a vent in the bedroom. And although the solenoid was as quiet as Red Sox bats, he's going to order a new one. Nice to have a service person who believes me rather than wanting "proof"!!!

Surprised B the other day. We ordered a new photo printer for his birthday and I had it delivered directly to his address. I don't recall seeing a box to check off for "gift" so that was no notification at all in the package! SURPRISE!!!

As you undoubtedly know, we had a LOT of rain here recently, but we personally did not run into any flooding. I'm just reminded of our experience with basement flooding in our last house -- who needs a river? -- and I'm loving not having a basement or sump pumps with battery backup or French drains!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

    That's a pretty funny way to surprise him. :D

    I'm so glad to hear that you guys aren't having flooding problems. I'm still waiting to hear from Mom.

     
  • At 12:58 PM , Blogger William said...

    Thank you for the printer! I can't wait to set it up!

    Glad you had fun at the party!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home