Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, B!!

On Friday evening, D threw a 40th birthday party for B at Bowman's Tavern on the Delaware. B's mother was heard to mutter "I'm not old enough to have a 40-year-old child!!!"

It was a salad bowl of B's friends and relatives, dating back to CAV's oldest friends, M and B, several cousins, people from "New Hope Days", neighbors, D's coworkers and various other friends. What amused many of the people was that different people know B by different names!! (Can't get into that just using initials!)

Several of us met for dinner first -- the food was quite good, especially the scallops! -- and then about 35 more showed up for nibbles, drinks and birthday cake.

I was happy to see everyone helping B celebrate but the noise was too much for me. I must be getting old, but I could hardly hear anything anyone said. There were a couple of people with the kind of voice that cut right through the cacophony but I no longer produce classroom-filling sound so they couldn't hear me very well either.

The icing on the cake was that the bar TV carried the Red Sox come-from-behind win over the Yankees!!!

Many happy returns. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM , Blogger Jasra/Lisa said...

    It is really entertaining how many names he's gone through in his life already!

    I'm glad it was such a good party too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home