Over-55 and active

Random musings from a guy who's old enough to know better!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's Almost December!

Well, Thanksgiving is over and I'm glad. We had too much food and I ate WAAAAAY too much. My scale groaned when I got on it. And the added weight affects my breathing so I walk so slowly that my shadow passes me.

The darling granddaughter and her parents visited us last Friday through Sunday and Sara slept over both nights. My hat is off to those grandfolks who raise their kids' kids. I don't know where they get the energy! C and I love to see the baby and A and A, but we were wiped out by Sunday afternoon! Whew!! But she's such a cutie! She's into making choices and changing her mind these days. Test, test, test!! And she's only 30 pounds! :-)

I thought that PT on Tuesday would be a terrible hardship what with my (a) pigging out and (b) not exercising in a week, but, dare I say it, everything went well except the treadmill at the end. I had to cut my speed 20% in order to finish 12 minutes. Oh, well. That will get better as I drop the weight.

We saw a great show at the Passage Theater in Trenton about the life and music of Bessie Smith, the "Empress of Blues". She was played by Miche Braden who was terrific!

After failing to replace the single full-sized screen with the full-size glass in my back storm door, we decided to buy a new one, like the ones we have at the front. Its an "Easy Vent" door that has a hidden retractable screen that can be operated with one hand. How nice!!

Did I tell you that C is retiring on Feb 1? And she has signed up for the county Master Gardener course that runs Jan-Mar. She's going to enjoy her retirement!! Me, too. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home